DUI & Criminal Defense
The Karabian Law Firm provides representation on all criminal matters with specific expertise handling DUI and DUI-related cases. We have over 15 years of criminal case experience, tried over 70 cases, and resolved thousands of others.
Our knowledge of the criminal justice system, law enforcement, and prosecutorial agencies allows us to identify the holes in the government’s case, seek out and present your most helpful facts, and achieve the best outcome for you.
In addition to defending against criminal accusations, we provide victim services for sentencing and restitution hearings. If you are a victim of crime and need to present a statement at sentencing, or claim economic damages from a defendant, our firm can prepare you to make the most effective statement you need or present and track your damages to ensure your greatest chance at receiving justice.
- Principal Attorney Benjamin W. Karabian is the former Supervising Attorney of the Metropolitan branch—the City of Los Angeles’s premier DUI prosecution branch. You’re unlikely to find a law firm with more insight on how the prosecution approaches a DUI case. We have not only trained prosecutors and officers on how to prosecute DUIs, but as the Supervisor of the DUI branch, Karabian set the filing guidelines, dealt with the evidentiary issues, and oversaw every DUI trial.
- Our expertise covers all DUI offenses including DUI with injury, DUIs with speed or child endangerment enhancements, and Watson DUI murder.
- If your case has a potential flaw, such as a rising blood alcohol (BAC) defense, a no-driving defense, a medical defense such as diabetes or interfering medication, improperly administered field sobriety tests (FSTs), failure to abide by the Title XVII observation periods, unreliable breath or blood testing testing devices or roadside preliminary alcohol screening devices (PAS), The Karabian Law Firm will find it.
- Depending on the facts of your case, you may be positioned to receive an offer of an exhibition of speed (“speed ex”) which is non-priorable, or a “wet reckless” which will allow you to say you have not been convicted of DUI, avoid a license suspension and avoid installation of an ignition interlock device (IID). The Karabian Law Firm knows where those lines are and has personally set those limits for the City of Los Angeles before.
- DMV hearings–one of the most crucial parts of your DUI is to lock an officer into sworn testimony before he or she has been prepped by a prosecutor. That’s why it’s in your interest to contact The Karabian Law Firm as soon as you are released from police custody. Not only can we preserve favorable testimony for your criminal case, but we may be able to save your license from suspension!
We represent clients charged with all felony and misdemeanor crimes including:
- Any violation of the California Vehicle Code including vehicular homicide, gross vehicular manslaughter, driving on a suspended license, street racing, and hit and run.
- Domestic violence and domestic battery.
- Assault and battery including sexual assault and battery on a specific person or causing a severe injury.
- Drug offenses including under the influence, possession of a controlled substance, and transport/possession for sale.
- Sex crimes including sexual battery, rape, statutory rape, and forced copulation.
- Cannabis distribution and dispensary violations.
- Possession of an unauthorized weapon or improper storage of a weapon.
- Drone operation violations including FAA actions.
- Stalking or harassment offenses.
- Theft and grand theft (including identity theft), robbery and vandalism offenses.
- Resisting arrest, unlawful assembly, failure to obey commands, or any protest-related offense.
- Elder abuse and juvenile crimes.
- Expungement, criminal record sealing, and early termination of probation.
- Victim services: restitution and sentencing hearings.
- Insurance fraud defense.
Schedule a free phone consultation online
Click the “Schedule Now” button to book an appointment without waiting for a response!